Do you ever wish that your frozen treats could be spicy and chilly? Look no further! These cucumber chili paletas, Mexican ice pops made from water, fruit, and sugar, are a mix of contrasting flavors — sweet, sour, refreshing, and spicy. To prepare these cucumber chili ice pops, you only need five ingredients and they can be prepared in less than half an hour.
Cucumber Chili Paletas [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and deseeded
- Juice of 3 limes
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, place the sugar, water, and chili powder. Cook until the sugar has completely dissolved and a syrup has formed. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, peel the cucumbers and remove the seeds. Cut into slices.
- Blend the syrup with the cucumbers and the lime juice. You must obtain a homogeneous mixture. Strain the cucumber mixture.
- Pour the mixture into ice pop moulds. Freeze overnight.
- At the time of serving, sprinkle the popsicles with more chili powder.