Cuban flavored red beans and quinoa made in a slow cooker. This is a quick and simple dinner recipe for the whole family. It makes itself, so, you don’t have to put any effort into making it. Eat it by itself or use it in taco recipes!
Cuban-Style Crockpot Quinoa and Red Beans [Vegan]
For the Crock Pot:
- 1/2 cup red quinoa
- 1/4 cup white quinoa
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons Cuban Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 and 1/2 cups water
- 1 can small red beans
- 1/4 cup red onions
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- Cilantro, roughly chopped
- Place all the ingredients in the crock pot. (except the small red beans, onions and the garnish)
- Mix well and set it on high.
- Close the lid and let it cook for 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Mix well every 30 minutes.
- When all the water has dissipated, turn off the crock pot.
- Add the red beans, onions and lime juice; mix well.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish before serving.