Cuban flavored red beans and quinoa made in a slow cooker. This is a quick and simple dinner recipe for the whole family. It makes itself, so, you don’t have to put any effort into making it. Eat it by itself or use it in taco recipes!
Cuban-Style Crockpot Quinoa and Red Beans [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cuban-Style Crockpot Quinoa and Red Beans [Vegan]
For the Crock Pot:
- 1/2 cup red quinoa
- 1/4 cup white quinoa
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons Cuban Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 and 1/2 cups water
- 1 can small red beans
- 1/4 cup red onions
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- Cilantro, roughly chopped
How to Prepare Cuban-Style Crockpot Quinoa and Red Beans [Vegan]
- Place all the ingredients in the crock pot. (except the small red beans, onions and the garnish)
- Mix well and set it on high.
- Close the lid and let it cook for 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Mix well every 30 minutes.
- When all the water has dissipated, turn off the crock pot.
- Add the red beans, onions and lime juice; mix well.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 311 | Carbs: 52g | Fat: 5g | Protein: 14g | Sodium: 1184mg | Sugar: 3gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.