This vegan salad is bursting with the wonderful flavors of ginger, cumin, coriander and lime. This recipe is the perfect easy lunch or dinner which you can enjoy throughout the year. The cashews add some extra crunch. If you prefer you can replace them with peanuts. Red chili will also provide an extra kick.
Crunchy Cashew Asian Cauliflower Rice Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Salad:
- 5 cups raw cauliflower florets
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 1/2 red onion
To Make the Dressing:
- 1 garlic clove
- 1-inch piece ginger root
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 12 fresh coriander sprigs (plus extra for toppings)
- 1 teaspoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons peanut butter
- Juice of 1 lime
To Make the Topping:
- 2 handfuls of unsalted cashews
- Fresh sprigs of fresh coriander
- 1 small red chili (optional)
- To make the cauliflower rice you can either use the coarse side of a cheese grater or a food processor. If you are using a cheese grater, simply grate the cauliflower florets and stalks to obtain a rice grain consistency. If you are using a food processor, pulse the cauliflower florets and stalks until you get a rice grain consistency. Depending on the size of your food processor you might have to do this in batches. Once made, place the cauliflower rice in a large salad bowl.
- Heat some water in a saucepan. When boiling, blanch the frozen edamame for 3 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Cut celery stalk in small slices. Cut the yellow pepper and red onion in small dice. Peel carrot, then using the same peeler cut the carrot into long and thin ribbons.
- Put the vegetables on top of cauliflower rice.
- To make the dressing, add all dressing ingredients into a blender and blend for 30 seconds until everything is well mixed together.
- Toss vegetables in dressing. Season to taste if needed.
- Serve topped with cashews, chopped coriander leaves and sliced red chili if using.