This is a simple yet flavorful meal to put together and the peanut sauce sounded like a good idea.
Crispy Tofu Over Thai Peanut Udon Noodles [Vegan]
- 4 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 tbsp organic peanut butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/2 tsp dried ginger
- Cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- 1 6 oz package baked tofu cubed
- 1/2 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 green onions (green part) chopped, for garnish
- 9 oz udon noodles
- 1-2 tbsp each Sesame oil and vegetable oil
- In a bowl whisk together the soy sauce, peanut butter, vegetable stock, garlic, sesame oil, lime juice, ginger and cayenne until well incorporated. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish place the Panko and season with salt and pepper. In a second shallow dish pour the coconut milk.
- Dip each tofu cube into the coconut milk and then roll in the Panko. When all cubes are coated put into a saute pan over medium heat with the sesame and vegetable oil. Allow to brown on all sides. If the Panko does not adhere that is OK- it will form a nice crumb that will be used to top the udon noodles.
- As the tofu is cooking place the udon noodles in a pot of water and cook according to package directions. When done, drain noodles and place in a bowl. Add the peanut sauce and mix well.
- To assemble place noodles on a dish, top with the crispy tofu and any crumbs from the pan. Top with green onion.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile