This vegan roasted cauliflower has an addictive crunch and flavor that'll tempt you to eat it all. They're great to share, but you might not want to! The secret to their addictive crispiness and flavor is frying them in a blend of spices and just a little bit of potato starch. They're so easy to make and really versatile. You can serve them as an appetizer, a main course, or a side! Though we make no promises that you'll be able to stop eating them to save room for other food. The crispiness and seasoning is just too difficult to pass up! You'll find yourself making this vegan roasted cauliflower recipe again and again.
Crispy Seasoned Cauliflower [Vegan]
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets, stem cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder or paprika
- 1 tablespoon neutral, high heat oil of choice (avocado, sunflower, grape seed, canola, etc)
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Drizzle tablespoon of oil over metal baking sheet.
- Spread cauliflower out over the sheet, toss in oil, and sprinkle with remaining ingredients. Make sure cauliflower is in an even layer with as much space between pieces as possible. If needed, divide between two sheets.
- 2. Bake for 20-30 minutes, tossing once about halfway through. When crispy and golden brown, it is done.
- 3. Serve by itself, over rice, pasta, with potatoes, or as a filling for tacos, burritos, wraps, etc. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, tahini dressing, or aioli, if desired.