Add these crispy cauliflower wings to your snack rotation and watch a night with friends get ten times better. In this recipe, large cauliflower florets are dipped in a thick chickpea flour batter, baked in the oven until crispy, and then doused in spicy buffalo sauce. Serve this with a creamy vegan Ranch to balance out the heat and get ready to lick your fingers from all of the deliciousness!
Crispy Cauliflower Wings [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free]
For the Wings:
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 1 1/4 cups chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- A pinch of salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
For the Ranch:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for at least 8 hours
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves
- juice from 1/2 of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Buffalo Sauce:
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
To Make the Wings:
- Preheat oven to 450°F degrees.
- Cut cauliflower into large florets. To make them look like the real deal, they must have short stumps as well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, water, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. This should be a very thick batter.
- Add cauliflower to the bowl and toss with clean hands. Make sure to get the batter in all the crevasses. Place cauliflower florets on a lined baking sheet.
- Take a spoon and scoop any remaining batter in the bottom of the bowl on top of each piece of cauliflower.
- Place pan in oven. Bake for 35 minutes.
To Make the Ranch Dip:
- In a blender, add cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice, milk, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Blend on high until mixture is completely smooth. Pour into a bowl.
- Whisk in chopped dill and chives.
- Cover and set in the refrigerator.
To Make the Buffalo Sauce:
- Add all ingredients into a medium pot. Heat up to allow coconut oil to melt. When hot, take off heat and set aside.
- Place cauliflower wings into a large bowl. Pour desired amount of buffalo sauce over wings. Toss with a large spoon.
- Serve immediately with ranch dip.