Add these crispy cauliflower wings to your snack rotation and watch a night with friends get ten times better. In this recipe, large cauliflower florets are dipped in a thick chickpea flour batter, baked in the oven until crispy, and then doused in spicy buffalo sauce. Serve this with a creamy vegan Ranch to balance out the heat and get ready to lick your fingers from all of the deliciousness! Everyone is going to love these Crispy Cauliflower Wings!
Crispy Cauliflower Wings [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free]
For the Wings:
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 1 1/4 cups chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- A pinch of salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
For the Ranch:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for at least 8 hours
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves
- juice from 1/2 of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Buffalo Sauce:
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
To Make the Wings:
- Preheat oven to 450°F degrees.
- Cut cauliflower into large florets. To make them look like the real deal, they must have short stumps as well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, water, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. This should be a very thick batter.
- Add cauliflower to the bowl and toss with clean hands. Make sure to get the batter in all the crevasses. Place cauliflower florets on a lined baking sheet.
- Take a spoon and scoop any remaining batter in the bottom of the bowl on top of each piece of cauliflower.
- Place pan in oven. Bake for 35 minutes.
To Make the Ranch Dip:
- In a blender, add cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice, milk, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Blend on high until mixture is completely smooth. Pour into a bowl.
- Whisk in chopped dill and chives.
- Cover and set in the refrigerator.
To Make the Buffalo Sauce:
- Add all ingredients into a medium pot. Heat up to allow coconut oil to melt. When hot, take off heat and set aside.
- Place cauliflower wings into a large bowl. Pour desired amount of buffalo sauce over wings. Toss with a large spoon.
- Serve immediately with ranch dip.