This Crispy Baked Peanut Tofu might be one of your new favorite meals. It’s super easy to prepare in less than 10 minutes and requires only 7 ingredients. Feel free to substitute the peanut butter with almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter, or even tahini if you have an allergy
Crispy Baked Peanut Tofu [Vegan]
- 12 ounces organic extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (or almond butter, sunbutter, etc.)
- 3 tablespoons organic gluten-free tamari
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1- inch fresh ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (or more!)
- 3 tablespoons water
- Press the tofu to get as much water out as possible. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a shallow bowl. Dump in the tofu cubes and toss to completely coat with the sauce. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour or longer. (Please don’t skip this step! Overnight is even better.)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the marinated tofu on the lined baking sheet along with other vegetables of choice (I love sweet potato, squash, zucchini, and broccoli). Bake for 25-30 minutes until it gets crispy around the edges. Enjoy!