This soup is nourishing, comforting and soothing, and it feeds your gut with just the right things you need to repair and replenish. It's also just five ingredients – not including the salt – that you probably already have in your pantry right now!
Creamy Soothing Carrot Raisin Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 10 large carrots (pealed and cut into chunks)
- 1 cup raw hulled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins (washed)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot melt coconut oil.
- Add chop carrots and sauté for five minutes, make sure you stir it frequently to avoid burning.
- Add sunflower seeds and turmeric to a pot, let simmer for another 3-5 minutes. (Add bit of water if too dry.)
- Cover with water, add raisins and salt and bring to a boil.
- Cook until carrots and sunflower seeds are tender.
- Next, transfer to a blender or food processor (do in batches if your blender isn’t big enough to do all of this at once).
- Blend until smooth and serve.