This irresistible cheesecake is the perfect treat for peanut lovers! You will surely drive your friends and family crazy over this cheesecake. It's rich in all the right ways and completely raw. No baking required. Let's do it.
Creamy Peanut Butter Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, melted
For the Filling:
- 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight - see notes)
- 1/5 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1/5 cup of maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of water
- Pinch of salt
To Make the Base:
- Line a 7 or 8-inch cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- De-seed/pit the dates and add them into a food processor/blender along with the peanut bars and melted coconut oil. Whizz up until crumbly.
- Press the mixture into the lined cake tin and pop into the freezer whilst you prepare the filling.
To Make the Cheesecake Filling:
- Place the soaked cashew nuts, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, peanut butter, water and salt and whizz up until smooth. This will take around 5-10 minutes on high.
- Pour the cheesecake layer onto the base and tap the tin on the worktop to remove any air bubbles and level.
- Place the cheesecake into the freezer for 2-4 hours (can be left overnight) to set. To decorate, you can sprinkle some peanuts over it and add a drizzle of dark chocolate.
- To serve, fully defrost the cheesecake for a few hours (3-4 hours) until thoroughly defrosted.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge. Best enjoyed within 3 days.
Be sure that when you are soaking the cashews over night that they are fully covered by the water.