A light, citrusy, sweet, yet tart, creamy filling on top of a baked crispy base. These lemon and raspberry slices consist of a creamy cashew and coconut cream filling, swirled with raspberries and brightened with lemon juice and zest on a simple crust. Perfect to share among friends or keep in the fridge to have for dessert throughout the week!
Creamy Lemon and Raspberry Slice [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour
- 3 tablespoons light tasting olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ice cold water
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews, cover with water and leave to soak overnight
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (place in the refrigerator overnight and only use the solid part from the top of the can)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest, roughly 2 whole lemons
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 1/3 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
To Make the Base:
- Preheat the oven to 355°F convection. Line a square 9-inch cake tin with baking paper. Set aside.
- To make the base combine all the ingredients into a medium bowl. Stir to combine. Evenly spread the base into the lined cake tin. A great trick to help spread sticky dough is to wet the back of a spoon and press the base down with that. The water helps to stop the base from sticking to the spoon. Cook in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove and leave to cool slightly.
To Make the Filling:
- Combine everything except for the raspberries in a food processor and process until it turns to a smooth consistency. Pour filling over baked and cooled crust. Lightly break up the raspberries using your hands and sprinkle them over the creamy filling.
- Place into the refrigerator to set overnight. Cut into 12 slices and serve.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to nine days.