Creamy Chana Masala that is so tasty and satisfying! Filled with chickpeas, veggies, and all the right spices, give this dish a try and enjoy.
Creamy Chana Masala [Vegan]
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cans chickpeas- drained and rinsed
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 2 white onions – sliced
- 1 lime – squeezed
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of garam masala
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- Small bunch of coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan
- Fry off the onion until golden brown
- Add the chopped tomatoes and garlic and cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the spices and cook off for a few minutes
- Add the chickpeas and stir well.
- Finely chop the coriander. Add the chopped stalks at this point.
- Add the coconut milk and stir well, allow to simmer for five minutes.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the squeezed lime and taste again.
- Finish with the remaining coriander.