There's no doubt that artichokes are delicious, but they can be a chore to prepare. If you’re craving artichokes, but don’t have the patience to steam or roast a whole one, then this recipe is for you. It combines artichokes and hearts of palm with kale, olive oil, and seasonings to create a creamy, flavorful, all-purpose spread. Try it on sandwiches, with salads, or as a dip at a party!
Creamy Artichoke and Hearts of Palm Spread [Vegan]
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts in oil, halved or quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, peel on, slice ends and coat with olive oil and sea salt
- 1 14-ounce can hearts of palm in water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/2-1 cup sliced/massaged kale
- 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread artichoke hearts topped with sea salt and garlic on a pan and bake for 5-10 minutes until lightly browned and chokes crispy. Set aside to cool, then combine all the other ingredients in a food processor. Blend until desired texture is achieved.
- Top with a fresh squeeze of lemon and additional olive oil.
- Serve with french bread, vegetables, or use to top your sandwiches.