The beauty of this recipe lies in its simplicity – and the fact that it's healthy, cheap and delicious. It is full of broccoli, spinach, and cashews so you get tons of vegetables and stay full for a long time. Plus, this soup is ideal for leftovers.
Cream of Cashew Broccoli Soup [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup cashews
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3 large handfuls spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 cups vegetable broth of choice
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Put the cashews in a bowl and cover them with water. Let them soak for at least one hour (or overnight) before you drain them.
- Steam broccoli before adding it to a blender with all remaining ingredients.
- Blend everything well and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the soup again until it's smooth and transfer to a pot to heat gently on the stove before serving.
- Garnish it with cilantro.