I love making chutneys, Bengali style chutneys, they are so quick and easy and I feel the cranberry, with its bright and vivid hues was born to be a chutney. As for leftover chutney, if there is any, you will enjoy transforming it into lovely, gently spiced cranberry muffins. The cranberry offers me a brighter option than tomatoes, which is a popular table favorite for chutneys in India, where they are plentiful and available all year round.
Cranberry and Clementine Chutney [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cranberry and Clementine Chutney [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3/4 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 clementines zested and juiced
- 1 1/2 cups - about 12 ounces - cranberries
- 1 -2 star anise (optional)
How to Prepare Cranberry and Clementine Chutney [Vegan]
- Heat the oil and add the mustard seeds and wait until the mustard seeds begin to crackle. Add in the ginger and stir well.
- Add in the cider and the sugar and the clementine zest and cook for 5 minutes, until the mixture has thickened.
- Add in the clementine juice and the cranberries and the star anise if using. Cook for about 5 minutes, just until the cranberries begin to pop.
- Turn off the heat and cool and use as needed.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.