These elegant cookie stacks have just about everything you could want from a cookie. The light, soft cookie biscuit reminds your taste buds of raw cookie dough, the plum jam provides them with a bit of sweetness, and the chocolate dip adds a level of decadence that makes these cookies a dream to bite into.
Cookie Biscuit Stacks [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups flour (gluten-free all-purpose if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons plum jam
- 1 1/2 tablets of vegan dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 356°F.
- In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and sugar with real vanilla.
- In a second bowl, add the soy milk and vinegar and allow it to sit for 15 minutes.
- Add sugar, oil to the milk and vinegar and whisk well.
- Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients, mixing as you go. As soon as everything has combined stop mixing – the less time mixing the better.
- Divide the dough into four parts, and spread each mass evenly onto a 9x10-inch parchment-lined baking tray.
- Bake each cookie biscuit for about 12-14 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate on a double boiler.
- Stack the four cookies on top of each other with a layer of jam in between each one.
- Cut them into 11x2x1-inch rectangles.
- Dip the cookies into the chocolate and serve them when the chocolate solidifies or after about 20-30 minutes.