Fresh plums are cooked with cardamom, ginger, and cinnamon bark to create an aromatic, richly colored purple plum jam. No food coloring needed — the jam transforms into a rich, deep purple color as it cooks. This jam won't last in your household, as you'll want to eat it with toast each morning (and maybe grab a spoonful for dessert at the end of the day).
Sugar-Free Cinnamon Cardamom Plum Jam [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Sugar-Free Cinnamon Cardamom Plum Jam [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 cups plums, pitted
- 10 cardamom pods
- 2 large pieces of cinnamon bark
- 1 teaspoon ginger
How to Prepare Sugar-Free Cinnamon Cardamom Plum Jam [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Thoroughly clean the plums, cut in half, and remove the pits. Place the plums in a large saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for about an hour.
- Wrap the cardamom pods in gauze or cheesecloth (so it is easily removed), then add to the plums along with ginger and cinnamon bark. Mix well and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let the plums stand overnight for the flavors to develop.
- The next day, put the plums into a casserole dish and put them in the oven preheated to 320°F. Bake for about an hour.
- After removing the plums from the oven, remove the cardamom and cinnamon and put the jam into the sterilized jars. Close tightly.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.