The cold brew technique is combined with creamy coconut milk to create the most delicious and authentically coffee-flavored ice cream.
Cold Brew Coffee and Coconut Milk Ice Cream [Vegan]
- 1 can coconut milk (or 1 1/2 cups high-protein plant milk)
- 1/2 cup ground coffee
- 1 can full fat coconut milk or coconut cream
- 6-8 soft pitted medjool dates or 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Add the coffee grounds to a large jar or lidded container, and pour in the lite coconut milk or high-protein plant milk. Stir or add the lid and shake. Set in the fridge for 12 – 48 hours. I like to give it a stir or shake a couple times during the brewing phase.
- Strain the coffee/coconut milk mixture through a fine mesh strainer, multiple layers of cheesecloth over a strainer, or a nut milk bag (nut milk bag is the easiest option here if you have it).
- Add your strained coffee coconut milk and the remaining ingredients to your blender. Blend until very smooth. Chill the mixture in the fridge for an hour or two, but this is optional.
- If you have a high speed blender, pour ice cream mixture into 3 silicone ice cube trays (or any shallow container) and freeze. Once frozen, pop the cubes into your Vitamix and blend, using the tamper to push the cubes into the blades. Once blended, you can eat it immediately as soft serve or spoon the mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze until firm enough to scoop.