This decadent banana bread tastes like the kind that you could buy in a coffee shop. The bread is moist, with chopped walnuts thrown into the mix to add variety to its texture. There are so many ways to enjoy a slice of this banana bread: fresh out of the oven, for breakfast the next morning, toasted with a spread of vegan butter, and, of course, with a cup of black coffee.
Coffee Shop Banana Bread [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly oil a loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and sugar. Stir until combined and set bowl aside.
- Place soy milk, ground chia seed, oil, bananas, yogurt, and vanilla in a blender. Blend until smooth. Alternatively, place all remaining ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add liquid ingredients to the large bowl of dry ingredients and stir well.
- Pour batter into oiled loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes, then cover top of pan with a piece of foil.
- Bake for an additional 30-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Let bread cool before slicing and serving.