Chewy, soft, and slightly crunchy coconut walnut chocolate chip cookies. These cookies are easy to make and completely egg and dairy-free.
Coconut Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter
- 3/4 cup packed, dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped, bittersweet chocolate (60-70%)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped, walnuts
- 1/3 cup toasted and shredded coconut
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars using a handheld mixer until smooth. Whisk in the non-dairy milk and vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda and powder, and salt. Combine on low speed until a soft dough forms. Fold in chocolate, walnuts, and coconut.
- Use a small cookie scoop to portion out the dough onto a lined baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Evenly space out cookie dough onto two lined baking sheets. Allow cookies to sit out at room temperature for 10 minutes. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow cooling on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack