Coconut kaffir lime cooler – with its clean, refreshing taste, intriguing aroma, and a good amount of healthy fat and minerals, this smoothie is a great breakfast alternative on a hot morning.
Coconut Kaffir Lime Cooler [Vegan]
- 1-2 fresh kaffir lime leaves
- 1 1/4 cups fresh coconut water (from a young coconut)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh mango
- 1 Persian cucumber (or half English cucumber)
- 1 1/2 inch long piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 guavas (optional)
- 1 cup ice
Open a young coconut using the technique of your choice. Pour out the coconut water to a blender (usually about 1 1/4 cups).
Add the rest of the ingredients and 1 cup of ice, and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the sweetness if needed by adding a few drops of stevia, or more mango. If you like more spicy, add more ginger.