These Coconut Ginger Cupcakes with Orange Vanilla Crème Frosting are sweet and flavorful, made mini size so you might be able to pop them in your mouth in one delectable bite. Mini dessert is the perfect balance of sweetness in your life.
Coconut Ginger Cupcakes [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Coconut Ginger Cupcakes [Vegan]
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
For the Orange Vanilla Crème Frosting:
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 14 drops vegan orange flavoring
- 4 drops Vanilla Crème flavoring
- 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon vanilla soymilk (as needed to achieve desired consistency)
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
How to Prepare Coconut Ginger Cupcakes [Vegan]
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line mini cupcake pan with cupcake liners (approximately 41).
- With an electric mixer, beat soymilk, apple cider vinegar, sugar, oil and vanilla until well mixed.
- Add baking soda, ginger, and salt and mix until incorporated.
- Add coconut flour, and continue to mix.
- Gradually add all-purpose flour, until it is all mixed in.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full, about 1 rounded Tbsp. of batter per cupcake.
- Bake for approximately 12 – 15 minutes.
For the Frosting:
- With an electric mixer, whisk the vegan butter, orange and vanilla crème flavoring until smooth and soft. Add 2 tablespoos of soymilk and mix again.
- Gradually add the confectioner’s sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time. Add more soymilk if necessary. Feel free to add 1 teaspoon of soymilk after mixing in half of the sugar. Mix for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.