It is so moist and so chocolate-y and affordable too! I hope you love it too!
Easy Classic Chocolate Cake [Vegan]
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 8 tablespoons unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon *optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee *approx 180°F
- Sift both flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the natural cocoa powder with the hot coffee and then add the vinegar, oil and the vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the sifted dry ingredients and whisk vigorously with a hand whisk until smooth (about 15 strokes).
- Pour batter into greased and parchment lined 8" x 2" cake pan(s).
- Bake immediately in a preheated 350°F oven for approximately 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely before using in your favorite layer cake creation!
Cooled cakes can be used immediately or wrapped well and frozen for up to 1 month.