Everyone loves cinnamon buns, right? This cinnamon roll cake is super quick and easy, and the result is very satisfying also!
Cinnamon Roll Cake with Cinnamon Medjool Date Swirls [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Paleo]
- 2 cups almond/rice milk
- 1 1/4 ounce fresh yeast or 2 sachets dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or erythritol
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon psyllium
- 5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 0- 1/2 cup tapioca starch if the dough is too sticky
- 15 pitted and soaked medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- For the dough: combine lukewarm milk and yeast to your baking bowl, then blend until dissolved. Add salt, cardamom, vanilla, coconut sugar and maple syrup and give a little whisk.
- Mix xanthan and psyllium into flours. Start adding flour to the mix from the previous step. Add the oil.
- Blend the dough thoroughly until the dough feels soft and smooth.
- For the swirls: Blend everything with a stick blender until smooth. Now you are ready to put the dough into a baking tray.
- Place the dough into the tray and make swirls with the cinnamon/medjool paste to get a marbled look. You can also use some cashew butter to make tastier swirls. You can also brush the cake with maple syrup thinned with water, but it’s not necessary.
- Let the cake rise half an hour and bake in a 350°F oven for 20- 25 min.
- You can add some cashew butter and raw chocolate on top of the cake after it has cooled down (optional).