French toast is a delicious meal that many people think they will have to give up when they begin eating nourishing, healthy foods. Whilst traditional french toast can be a full of refined sugars and fats. This french toast recipe is made only with natural wholesome ingredients.
Cinnamon French Toast [Vegan]
- 4 slices thickly sliced sourdough bread (must use a thick sturdy bread or your french toast will be soggy)
- 1 cup almond Milk
- 2 tablespoons spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Coconut oil, for the pan
- Toppings of choice (nuts, seeds, coconut flakes, nut butter, maple syrup, fresh fruit)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, flour, nutritional yeast, and cinnamon
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and drizzle small amount of coconut oil
- Dip the bread in the mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly.
- When the pan has heated up, add the bread slices cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy