This Cinnamon Crumble Coffee Cake is absolutely fantastic! Not too dense, not too sweet, just the right touch of cinnamon, crumbly, and perfect for any time of the day.
Cinnamon Crumble Coffee Cake [Vegan]
For the Cake:
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
For the Cinnamon Crumble:
- 1 stick vegan butter, soft (8 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Prepare a loaf pan by greasing it with coconut oil
- Make the cinnamon crumble: combine butter, sugar, and cinnamon together. Add in the flour and mix to combine. You’ll want this to be crumbly!
- Make your cake!
- Mix your milk and vinegar and set aside while you prepare the other ingredients Combine all your dry ingredients (from flour down to sugar) and set aside
- Add coconut oil, vanilla, and zest to a mixer and beat together. Add milk and vinegar mixture and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until no lumps *batter will be soupy*
- Add 1/2 of your cake mixture into the pan (about 1 cup of batter). Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle a little less than half of the crumb mixture onto the cake. Pour in the remaining cake batter and top with the remaining crumb.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.