Making your own coconut yogurt is probably way easier than you think, and is definitely one of the best options to get your healthy dose of probiotics. It will stay in the fridge for about 4-5 days. I love making a big batch over the weekend, so I get enough for the whole week ;-)
Cinnamon Coconut Yogurt [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 whole young coconut
- About 1 cup shredded coconut or fresh coconut flesh
- 1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of liquid probiotics (you can find this in any good health food store)
- Crack open your coconut and pour the water in a jug. Put aside.
- Scoop the flesh and place it in your high speed blender.
- Add about 1/2 cup of coconut water and start blending until you reach a creamy texture. It has to be consistent.
- If your texture is too liquid, add more coconut flesh or some desiccated coconut. Keep blending until your reach a nice creamy and dense texture.
- Once you have the consistency you desire, add your cinnamon powder and probiotics. Keep blending for a few seconds.
- Place in the fridge for about 24 to 32 hours for fermentation.
- Enjoy with some fresh fruits, muesli, granola or just on its own!