If you love the combo of bananas, nuts, and chocolate you’ll love these chunky monkey banana cookies! Wholesome enough for breakfast, yet delicious enough for dessert! Gluten, dairy, and refined sugar free, plus vegan friendly too!
Chunky Monkey Banana Protein Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced (+ slices for topping, optional)
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 25g Vegan Protein
- Preheat your oven to 360ºF. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add the banana slices, almond butter and a splash of water to a large bowl and beat with electric beaters until mostly smooth. Add the ground almonds, baking powder, cinnamon, protein powder and salt and beat until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, walnuts.
- Drop the dough (it should be sticky so add more water if not) into 10 equal mounds on the baking sheets. Press a banana slice into the top of each cookie to flatten it out a little.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until the bottoms are golden then remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool.