Sunflower seeds add a surprise texture to these softly crunchy chocolate chip cookies. Bake a few dozen for your cookie jar and your tummy.
Chocolate Sunflower Protein Cookies [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Sunflower Protein Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 cup dairy-free butter
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed kernels
How to Prepare Chocolate Sunflower Protein Cookies [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Cut parchment paper to fit on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Add the butter and sugar to the bowl of stand mixer and mix together on medium-low speed for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix ground chia seeds with 6 tablespoons water and set aside.
- Mix together the flour, protein powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add the vanilla and chia mixture to the butter mixture. Mix until well blended. Mix in the flour mixture a little at a time. On low speed, mix in the chocolate chips and sunflower seeds.
- Form into round balls and set on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Flatten to about 1/2 inch thick. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.