Vanilla ice cream with a gooey fudgy chocolate sauce is deliciously iconic – sadly it’s usually full of dairy fat and laden with refined sugar – happily not any more! It’s super simple to whip up a vegan alternative that tastes amazing!
Chocolate Sauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Sauce [Vegan]
- 6 ounces best quality dark fair trade chocolate – chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite nut butter (depending on the amount of “nutty” flavor you like)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Prepare Chocolate Sauce [Vegan]
- Place all the ingredients in a pan and heat on a low heat until smooth – do not allow to boil!
- When smooth use immediately or pour into a glass airtight container and store in the fridge. The sauce will become a solid so allow to come to room temperature before serving or VERY slowly reheat without boiling.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.