Vanilla ice cream with a gooey fudgy chocolate sauce is deliciously iconic – sadly it’s usually full of dairy fat and laden with refined sugar – happily not any more! It’s super simple to whip up a vegan alternative that tastes amazing!
Chocolate Sauce [Vegan]
- 6 ounces best quality dark fair trade chocolate – chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite nut butter (depending on the amount of “nutty” flavor you like)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all the ingredients in a pan and heat on a low heat until smooth – do not allow to boil!
- When smooth use immediately or pour into a glass airtight container and store in the fridge. The sauce will become a solid so allow to come to room temperature before serving or VERY slowly reheat without boiling.