There’s something incredibly satisfying about making things you otherwise would have bought. This high-protein, chocolate cereal falls under that category. It's crunchy, just the right amount of sweet, energizing, and all-natural with no hidden preservatives! Enjoy this cereal during breakfast or as a healthy, late-night snack.
Chocolate Protein Cereal [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- Combine the buckwheat flour, oat flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, and stevia in a large bowl and stir together, eliminating any clumps formed from the cacao or coconut flour.
- In a small bowl, stir together the maple syrup, milk, and vanilla extract until they are all combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the chocolate mixture and stir together, using your hands if necessary. The ingredients should form a dough.
- Break off tennis ball size pieces of the dough and place on a sheet of parchment paper. Cover with a second sheet of parchment paper and roll out using a rolling pin until about 1-centimeter thick. Remove the top layer of parchment paper, score the dough, and then place on a baking sheet. Repeat for the remainder of the dough.
- When all the dough is rolled out, place in the oven, preheated to 375°F, and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until crispy. The cereal will crisp up some once it is cooled so be sure not to burn it even if it doesn’t seem like it is getting very crispy.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
- Store in an airtight jar at room temperature.
Store in a cool jar.