There’s something incredibly satisfying about making things you otherwise would have bought. This high-protein, chocolate cereal falls under that category. It's crunchy, just the right amount of sweet, energizing, and all-natural with no hidden preservatives! Enjoy this cereal during breakfast or as a healthy, late-night snack.
Chocolate Protein Cereal [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Protein Cereal [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
How to Prepare Chocolate Protein Cereal [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Combine the buckwheat flour, oat flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, and stevia in a large bowl and stir together, eliminating any clumps formed from the cacao or coconut flour.
- In a small bowl, stir together the maple syrup, milk, and vanilla extract until they are all combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the chocolate mixture and stir together, using your hands if necessary. The ingredients should form a dough.
- Break off tennis ball size pieces of the dough and place on a sheet of parchment paper. Cover with a second sheet of parchment paper and roll out using a rolling pin until about 1-centimeter thick. Remove the top layer of parchment paper, score the dough, and then place on a baking sheet. Repeat for the remainder of the dough.
- When all the dough is rolled out, place in the oven, preheated to 375°F, and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until crispy. The cereal will crisp up some once it is cooled so be sure not to burn it even if it doesn’t seem like it is getting very crispy.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and cool on a rack.
- Store in an airtight jar at room temperature.
Store in a cool jar.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.