These chocolate peppermint cups are incredibly easy to make — the hardest part is waiting for the chocolate to harden in the refrigerator (or freezer, if you are that impatient!). They're the perfect blend of flavors with a layer of dark chocolate, a layer of creamy white chocolate, and a sprinkle of crunchy, crushed candy canes. They make a gorgeous, delicious and inexpensive gift to teachers, neighbors, relatives, co-workers … literally, everyone!
Chocolate Peppermint Cups [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Have silicone cups ready. Bring about an inch of water to a boil in a saucepan. Set a heatproof bowl in the mouth of the pot, making sure the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl. Add the chocolate chips to the bowl and stir occasionally as it softens. When the chocolate is completely melted, remove bowl from heat. Pour a thin layer of melted chocolate into each silicone cup (about 1 tablespoon each) and place it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, repeat the first step with the white chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Place the candy cane in a sealable plastic bag. Place the bag on a soft hand towel and crush them.
- Remove the chocolate cups from freezer and add about a tablespoon of melted white chocolate over every cup. Sprinkle with peppermint pieces. Be sure to break it down to different sizes, some should be super grainy and fine while other pieces should be a little bigger.
- Place it in the freezer for an additional 30 minutes before serving.
- Keep remaining chocolate peppermint cups refrigerated.