This is the perfect recipe to make for someone special, even if that someone special is you. These tasty treats combine hazelnuts, dates, and dark chocolate into delightful heart-shaped bites. And while these sweets may look impressive, they are incredibly easy to make!
Chocolate Hazelnut Hearts With Raspberry Jam [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- A dash of salt
- 4 ounces semi-sweet vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry spreadable jam
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Place the hazelnuts in food processor and process 5-7 seconds.
- Add the dates and chocolate chips to the processor and process them until the mix starts to come together.
- Add the coconut oil, vanilla, and dash of salt and pulse until it resembles coarse meal. The mixture should stick together when pressed between your fingers. If it doesn't, add in a small amount of water and pulse.
- Transfer mixture onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet or cutting board, shape it into a rectangle about 1/2-inch thick. The mixture will not fill the pan.
- Cover and chill the mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and cut it into heart shapes using a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Bring a small pot of water to a simmer, place a metal or glass bowl over the top of the pot, and place the chopped chocolate in the bowl.
- Stir it gently until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Carefully place the heart into chocolate and gently spoon chocolate it.
- Place it on another parchment lined cookie sheet and allow it to harden.
- When all hearts have been dipped, you can place them in the refrigerator to harden.
- Place the jam in a small bowl and heat it in a microwave for 3-4 seconds to melt it.
- Mix in the powdered sugar until it's smooth. It will seem like there is too much sugar, but keep mixing it will come together.
- Spoon the mixture into a sealable plastic bag and cut a very small hole in one of the corners.
- Remove the hearts from the refrigerator and squeeze the sugar mixture over the chocolate covered hearts in a back and forth motion.
- Return to refrigerator until they are completely hardened.