These chocolate covered protein bars are a wonderful treat to start or end your day! They call for protein packed power, and can also be made gluten free!
Chocolate Covered Protein Bars [Vegan]
- 2 cups ground oats [certified gluten-free if necessary]
- 1 cup whole oats [certified gluten free if necessary]
- 1 cup bran flakes [substitute with GF corn flakes if needed]
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 1 cup protein powder
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cups maple syrup
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips [vegan if necessary]
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, mix ground oats, whole oats, bran flakes (roughly crushed), flaxseed, and protein powder together.
- In a separate medium size bowl, mix mashed banana, maple syrup, creamy peanut butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Spray 9x13 inch pan with coconut oil cooking spray, then add batter and spread evenly. Use a metal spatula and press down firmly. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and press down firmly again with metal spatula, then bake additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, press down one last time with metal spatula, then pour 1 cup dark chocolate chips on top and return to oven for 1 minute.
- Remove from oven and spread chocolate chips into a smooth layer. Put in freezer for about 10 minutes or until chocolate has hardened. Cut into 24 squares and store in airtight container.