Healthy flax brownies made using a secret ingredient, pumpkin purée, that really helps turn these traditional brownies into uber fudgy brownies. But they are not just ordinary brownies. No, no, no — these are brownies with a layer of peanut butter and roasted peanuts all covered in a crunchy coating of chocolate.
Chocolate Covered Peanut Brownie Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Covered Peanut Brownie Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 scoop chocolate vegan protein powder
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened cocao powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener
- 2 tablespoons ground flax and 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Handful of unsalted dry roasted peanuts
How to Prepare Chocolate Covered Peanut Brownie Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 325°F and prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the water and flax and let sit for a few minutes while you mix together your other ingredients.
- Place the flours, protein, sweetener, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder into a bowl and mix until combined and then pour the dry ingredients into a mixer. Add the pumpkin and flax/water mixture and mix using a paddle attachment until a dough forms.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 8-9 minutes. Don't over bake.
- Once the brownie have cooled, spread the peanut butter evenly over the top and sprinkle with peanuts and then place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Gently melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together and set a side.
- Remove the brownie from the freezer and cut into 12 bars. Cover bars with chocolate and return to the freezer for 30 minutes before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.