Healthy flax brownies made using a secret ingredient, pumpkin purée, that really helps turn these traditional brownies into uber fudgy brownies. But they are not just ordinary brownies. No, no, no — these are brownies with a layer of peanut butter and roasted peanuts all covered in a crunchy coating of chocolate.
Chocolate Covered Peanut Brownie Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1 scoop chocolate vegan protein powder
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened cocao powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener
- 2 tablespoons ground flax and 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Handful of unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F and prepare a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the water and flax and let sit for a few minutes while you mix together your other ingredients.
- Place the flours, protein, sweetener, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder into a bowl and mix until combined and then pour the dry ingredients into a mixer. Add the pumpkin and flax/water mixture and mix using a paddle attachment until a dough forms.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 8-9 minutes. Don't over bake.
- Once the brownie have cooled, spread the peanut butter evenly over the top and sprinkle with peanuts and then place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Gently melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together and set a side.
- Remove the brownie from the freezer and cut into 12 bars. Cover bars with chocolate and return to the freezer for 30 minutes before serving.
- Almond Flour
- Chocolate Chip
- Peanut Butter
- Rice Flour
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile