Surely theres no better combination than chocolate chip cookie dough?! Well these protein bars taste just like that except they are high in protein, refined sugar free and they are vegan.
Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough Protein Bars [Vegan]
- 1 cup oats
- 1 scoop Vegan Protein Vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave/maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 cup soya milk
- 1/4 cup sugar free vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup vegan expresso dark chocolate (could use plain or any flavour chocolate)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons chocolate nut butter
- Add oats, protein powder, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon to a food processor and blend until it resembles a fine flour.
- Add in all other ingredients apart from the chocolate chips and process until smooth and creamy. Depending on the power of your blender, you may need to stop and scrape the sides down a few times to make sure everything mixes together evenly.
- Transfer the mix to a bowl and set aside in the fridge to cool down
- Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper. Check cookie dough is cool enough and stir through choc chips. Pour batter into loaf tin and flatten down with a spoon (wet it slightly with water if it's sticky) and set aside in the freezer.
- To prepare the chocolate topping, gently melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl in the microwave. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Stir through the nut butter until incorporated. Pour over cookie dough and allow the chocolate to set at room temperature before transferring to the freezer for 45 mins to set completely. Slice into bars or squares with a warm knife. Keeps well in the freezer for up to a month!