These cookie sandwiches make the perfect treat!
Chocolate Chip Banana Nice Cream Sandwiches [Vegan]
Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 1 package vegan cookie dough
- 1/4 cup ripe banana mashed
- 6 tablespoons vegan butter room temperature
Banana Nice Cream:
- 4 ripe bananas frozen
- 2/3 cup vanilla almond milk frozen
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
To Prepare for the Recipe:Before beginning, freeze four bananas and the almond milk in advance.
To Make the Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, blend the vegan butter with a mixer until smooth.
- Add the mashed banana and vegan cookie dough and continue blending mixture until dough is formed.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough and place it on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, place the cookies on another baking sheet in a single layer and freeze for several hours.
For the Banana Nice Cream:
- In a high-powered blender using a tamper blend the frozen bananas, frozen soy milk and vanilla extract until thick and creamy.
- Remove the cookies from the freezer.
- Scoop some of the nice cream and place in the middle of the cookie. Top with another cookie and gently press down.
- Return to the freezer and freeze until hard.
- Wrap each sandwich individually in plastic wrap and keep in the freezer until ready to eat.