I used a white chocolate bar for the chocolate chips, but any dairy-free chocolate chips will do. Make sure the loaf has cooled down fully before pouring the ganache over it.
Chocolate Banana Bread [Vegan]
- 1 2/3 cups of spelt flour (or flour of choice)
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of oil (I used melted coconut oil)
- 3 large overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 bar vegan chocolate, chopped or 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 a large bar of dark chocolate (about 4.4 ounces)
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and desiccated coconut and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas until they are pretty smooth. Stir in the brown sugar and oil.
- Combine the wet and the dry mixtures and stir until well incorporated.
- Bake at 350F for 50 minutes and allow to cool.
- In a saucepan or bain Marie, melt the chocolate for the ganache until smooth and stir in coconut milk. Pour over the cooled loaf.