These energy and protein packed Chocolate Almond Chia Protein Bars are an incredibly easy snack full of wholesome ingredients – no baking required!
Chocolate Almond Chia Protein Bars [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Almond Chia Protein Bars [Vegan]
For the Dry Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Wet Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cup dates
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (if your protein powder is very bitter, you may need to add more sweetener. Add 1 tablespoon at a time and taste until satisfied)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Prepare Chocolate Almond Chia Protein Bars [Vegan]
- Start with the dates; using a blender or food processor, combine the dates and water, and blend/process until you have a date paste. Add a tiny bit more water to get things going if you need to
- In a medium bowl, combine the date paste with the remaining wet ingredients (peanut butter, dairy free milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract) and stir until everything is combined. If your peanut butter is very thick, try warming it a bit until its mixable
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (oats, protein powder, almonds, cocoa, chia seeds, chocolate chips and salt) and stir to combine
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until everything is fully incorporated – it helps to use your hands here!
- Once everything is mixed, evenly press the mixture into an 8×8 inch pan lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour, or the freezer for 30 minutes before removing from the pan and cutting into 16 squares. After being cut, I like to store these bars in the fridge
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 200 | Carbs: 24 g | Fat: 9 g | Protein: 8 g | Sodium: - mg | Sugar: 12 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.