Caramelized red radishes in a buttery sauce make this a savory side that pairs well with anything.
Chive Mustard Roasted Radishes [Vegan]
- 2 bundles or 1 pound radishes, greens removed and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1-2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss halved radishes with olive oil and a sprinkle of both salt and pepper until evenly coated. Bake 30-40 minutes, tossing half way and cooking until radishes begin to become lightly golden in spots and are tender throughout.
- Five minutes before radishes are finished cooking, melt butter in a microwave safe container, for approximately 30-60 seconds. Whisk melted butter and mustard together until combined. Lightly stir in chives.
- Remove radishes from baking sheet, and place back into previously used medium bowl. Pour mustard mixture over radishes and toss until evenly coated. Serve immediately.
Radishes cool quickly once out of the oven, so keep that in mind if planning ahead.