Even those who don't enjoy a party have to acknowledge that there is one good part about an awkward social gathering – the food. These mini twists were designed with a potluck in mind. The simple dough is wrapped around a zesty tahini, chive, and lemon paste before being baked golden-brown and topped with sesame seeds.
Chive and Tahini Mini Twists [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 pounds gluten-free pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cups of finely chopped Nira chives
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- Olive oil
- Gluten-free flour, for dusting
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Combine the chives, lemon juice, tahini, and salt in a blender. You should end up with a thick, green paste that is slightly coarse. Taste it and add more salt as needed. Set it aside.
- Roll out the prepared pizza dough to 1/6-inch thick. Dust with flour
- Using a 3 1/2-inch biscuit cutter (or large can) cut out circles of dough. Re-roll and cut out more as needed. You should end up with about 24 rounds.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F Spread a layer of chive-tahini paste over each circle.
- Roll up each circle tight, like a burrito. Cut each roll in half lengthwise. Twist each half back together, around each other.
- Place twists on parchment-lined cookie sheet, brush tops lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle them with sesame seeds.
- Bake them for 18 minutes, until they're golden and toasty.