Chipotle peppers, roasted cauliflower, garlic, lemon, and capers... this penne dish is so flavorful, you won't even miss the cheese! Simple and easy to throw together, this pasta dish is a great midweek dinner that is easily packed for lunch the next day. Quick, wholesome, and flavorful – sounds like a winner to us!
Chipotle Cauliflower Penne [Vegan]
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 1 10.5-ounce box penne pasta
- 1 14-ounce jar roasted peppers
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 preserved lemon
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- Olive oil
- A small bunch of parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven at 400°F.
- Heat some salted water in a large saucepan. Once boiling, add pasta and cook as per package instructions.
- Cut cauliflower in small florets. Spread on a roasting dish drizzled with olive oil. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes until roasted.
- In the meantime, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add finely chopped chipotle pepper. Fry for 30 seconds or so. Set aside for flavors to develop.
- Drain pasta once cooked. Add to frying pan. Toss well.
- Add drained chickpeas, finely chopped roasted peppers, finely chopped preserved lemon, capers, and crushed garlic. Add roasted cauliflower. Mix well. Heat up under gentle heat until the dish is warm throughout. Season to taste.
- Just before serving sprinkle with finely chopped parsley leaves.