These spicy chipotle BBQ roasted potatoes starts with a simple chipotle BBQ seasoning mix using spice drawer staples. Unlike most barbecue seasoning blends, this one leaves our the sugar. It’s great on veggies like roasted potatoes or Brussels sprouts. It’s also a perfect way to season healthy snacks like roasted nuts, chickpeas, and popcorn!
Chipotle BBQ Roasted Potatoes With Homemade Seasoning [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dry yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili flakes or chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place dark sheet pan in the oven to warm as well.
- Trim potatoes to desired size — noting larger pieces may take more time to roast. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine all the spice mix ingredients in a small bowl and blend with a whisk.
- In a small bowl, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Mix in 1 teaspoon seasoning. Blend until emulsified.
- Add to potatoes and mix with a spatula until well coated.
- Sprinkle with a few more dashes of salt.
- Once the oven and sheet pan are hot, add the potatoes and roast for 15-20 minutes until crispy and golden, giving the sheet pan a shake halfway through cooking to rotate the potatoes.
- Potato Recipes