Chickpea, Spinach and Coconut Curry for a warming and nourishing dinner. This is a creamy and delicious curry recipe that is really easy to make.
Chickpea, Spinach and Coconut Curry [Vegan]
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 3/4 ounce mango chutney
- 2 3/4 ounce spinach
- 5 1/3 ounces brown basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 3/4 ounces solid coconut cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 4 2/3 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Cook the rice according to the instructions
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and chop the cherry tomatoes in half
- Heat a large pan with a drizzle of olive oil over a medium heat
- Add to the pan garlic, ginger, curry powder, turmeric, tomato paste and chickpeas. Cook for one minute.
- Dissolve the vegetable stock in 200ml boiled water
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan and cook for a minute, then add the vegetable stock and cook for another few minutes
- Chop the coconut cream and add to the pan with the mango chutney. Turn the heat down to low and stir through
- Add the spinach and some salt, and pepper and stir everything together.
- Once the spinach has wilted serve the Chickpea, spinach and coconut curry over the brown rice and garnish with nigella seeds.