Pulses and legumes make wonderful pizza crusts that are lighter and more nutritious than the traditional dough kind. In this particular recipe, basil herb pesto, greens, and a variety of toppings sit atop a chickpea flour crust. This fresh, savory pizza tastes delicious as is, but feel free to customize it with your favorite pizza fixings!
Chickpea Pizza With Herb Pesto [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Chickpea Pizza With Herb Pesto [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli paste (optional)
For the Herb Pesto:
- 3/4 cup mixed baby kale leaves, basil, and other herbs/greens as desired
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup water
For the Toppings:
- Olives (optional)
- Artichokes (optional)
- Brahmi (optional)
- Chickpeas (optional)
How to Prepare Chickpea Pizza With Herb Pesto [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
To Make the Base:
- Whisk or blend all base ingredients until smooth.
- Preheat a frying pan, grease with some olive oil if needed.
- Pour in half the batter and spread into a circle with the back of a spoon.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes, flip, and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and repeat with remaining batter.
To Make the Pesto:
- Blend pesto ingredients until broken down or smooth.
- Spread the pesto on both the pizzas.
- Top with your favorite toppings and serve immediately, or bake for 5-10 minutes to cook the toppings, if desired.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.