The perfect snack or breakfast when you’re running out the door. These savory Chickpea Flour Muffins are high in protein, vegan & gluten-free! One of my favorite chickpea flour recipes.
Chickpea Flour Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups chickpea and fava Bean Flour
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt (optional or if you have access to it)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups of water or oat milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup jalapeno pepper. finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh corn
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Garnish with: black salt, hot sauce and fresh chopped avocado
- Preheat oven to 375°F and well grease a muffin tin. See notes.
- To a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients and stir till completely well combined.
- To the bowl, add the water and stir till your mixture becomes pancake-batter-like. Add more water if your mixture is a bit too clumpy, only add 1 tablespoon of water at a time.
- To the bowl, now add the remaining ingredients and stir till well combined. Do not over stir.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, begin dolloping the mixture into each muffin tin.
- Bake for around 30 minutes and remove from oven. Let them cool for 10 minutes before removing from tins.
- Enjoy with more black salt, hot sauce and fresh avocado!