These skewers make a wonderful dish for lunch or dinner!
Chick’n Satay [Vegan]
- Soy curls (110gr 1/2 bag only the large pieces)
- Bamboo skewers 8 soaked for 2 hours in cold water
For the Marinade:
- 2 tablespoons low sodium Tamari
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup or (Xylitol, for Keto)
- 1/4 Nori sheet cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon Thai seasoning or curry
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger shredded
- 3 cloves of garlic sliced
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or oil of your choice
- 1 tablespoon water
For the Peanut Dip (Blend all thoroughly):
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon low sodium Tamari
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger shredded
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup (for Keto, Xylitol)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce, optional
- Select only large pieces from the bag of Soy Curls.
- Soak for 5 to 7 minutes in water and rinse.
- In a container, submerge them in the marinade so they are completely covered and store in a refrigerator for minimum 2 hours.
- Apply about 4 curls on 1 skewer by bending it in half, by starting with the largest and smaller at the end. Press them tight together.
- Heat up your grill or oil on frying pan and grill on each side on medium heat until. Turn one or twice until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with salad and rice if you like.