These Vegan Chicken Apple Walnut Bites are the perfect holiday party appetizer. They will totally outshine any non-vegan appetizer. They are packed with flavor and the perfect bite size snacks. You won't be able to get enough!
Chick’n Apple Walnut Bites [Vegan]
For the Crackers:
- 10 vegan egg roll wrappers
- Non-stick spray (olive oil flavor, if available)
For the Chick'n Stir-Fry:
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup diced granny smith apple, mixed with a little lemon juice to preserve color
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2-3/4 tsp (1/2") ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 package faux chicken strips, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds + more for serving
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, chopped or broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray baking sheets lightly with non-stick spray. Stack 3-4 wrappers at a time and cut into 9 squares. A pizza cutter or long chef's knife make it easier.
- Place the squares one at a time, 1/2" apart on the baking sheets. Spray lightly with non-stick spray. Bake until golden - the edges will curl slightly. Remove to a cooling rack, tinfoil or extra baking sheet. Cool completely before storing gently in a zipper storage bag.
- In a sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Cook garlic and ginger about 1 minute.
- Add apples and celery. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add vegan chicken, sesame seeds, pepper flakes, soy sauce, and hoisin. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes until heated and combined.
- Add walnuts and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and sesame oil.
- Top crackers with spoonfuls of hot chicken mixture. Garnish with sesame seeds.