Muhammara is a dip made roasted bell pepper, walnuts, and spices. Roasted chia seeds top this spicy dip, adding a touch of healthy fats and making it presentation-worthy. This is an intense flavor bomb of freshness that's more than perfect for any occasion.
Chia Muhammara [Vegan]
- 4 roasted red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 chili, seeds removed
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup walnuts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 390°F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roast bell peppers for 45 minutes. Let cool. Remove skin and seeds.
- Add the pepper together with all other ingredients (except for the chia) to a blender and process until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, slightly toast the chia seeds before sprinkling them on top of the muhammara.
- Bell Pepper