This cookie is a winner! The awesome flavors of sesame, plantain, and dates come together to create a chewy treat that is both tasty and good for you. So go ahead and indulge!
Chewy Plantain Sesame Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 ripe plantain, cut into chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 cup soft dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the flour and sea salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a food processor combine tahini, plantain chunks, and dates.
- Process until you achieve a smooth texture, like liquid dough.
- Once achieved mix the wet dough with your dry ingredients.
- It's time to play – the mixture will be thick and sticky, so dip your hands in a cold water as needed. You could also place dough into the fridge for 20-30 minutes to firm it up a bit.
- Roll mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls between the palms of your hands, and then roll it in the sesame seeds so that it’s well coated.
- Press the dough ball onto a parchment lined baking sheet, using fork to flatten it.
- Repeat with all the dough, and then bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until they’re golden brown.